The importance and necessity of standardization in economic and social life has started to strengthen especially in the second half of the last century and as a result of this, countries and organizations have started to work for the spread of standard practices and protection of consumers in the provision of various products and services. The establishment of a number of systems for the certification of products and services has been extremely effective in terms of direct contact with consumers as well as providing assurance for consumers.
Today, certification studies of products and services are carried out in many countries of the world, particularly in the European Union.
The International Standards Organization in Europe and the Turkish Standards Institute in our country develop standards for organizations that produce goods or services to produce in accordance with standards and to provide quality products and services to consumers. Thanks to these standards, both the awareness of quality and compliance with the standards in the manufacturing companies are raised, as well as the life and property safety of the consumers, as well as the choice of consumers in the search for reliable products and services are created and the delusion is prevented in terms of quality.
Standardization and certification activities are generally carried out on production sites, products, production systems, imported goods, laboratory services, service places and various management systems.
Mainly certification activities can be considered under five main headings: system certification studies, quality certification studies, product certification studies, food certification studies and sectoral certification studies.
- The system certification works are carried out in the following areas, especially the quality management system: food safety, environmental management, worker health and safety, information security, customer satisfaction, energy management, automotive quality management, road and traffic safety, social responsibility management, supply chain security , greenhouse gas calculation and verification management and information technology.
- Quality certification activities are carried out in the following areas: risk management, translation services, social security and business continuity, supply chain security, information technology, medical devices quality management, health services, call center, cosmetic good manufacturing practices, railway vehicles and components and 7 star hotel certification.
- Product certification studies are carried out in the following areas: CE mark European conformity, G mark building materials conformity, RoHS, EurepGAP, GlobalGap, organic farming, good agricultural practices, GMP good production practices, FSC-COC forest management.
- Food certification studies are carried out in the following areas: BRC FOOD, HACCP hazard checkpoints, HALAL Islamic compliance, hygiene sanitation, food safety and IFS international food standard.
- Sectoral certification activities are carried out in the following areas: AZOTEX reliable textile, ECOMark ecological product, tourism services, sourced manufacturing management, business continuity, SPICE, social responsibility and market, public and social research management.
Accreditation in Certification Studies
The accreditation system is an infrastructure established to ensure the validity of the studies carried out by conformity assessment and certification bodies and the reports and documents to be issued by these organizations. The accreditation system ensures the reliability and validity of the reports, calibration documents and management system documents, product documents and similar documents to be issued on the subjects described above.
Organizations to conduct conformity assessment and certification shall have the qualification criteria and requirements described in the relevant standards. In this case, if they are accredited by applying to regional or international accreditation bodies, all reports and documents to be issued are accepted worldwide.
At the same time, products or services with a conformity certificate issued by an accredited conformity assessment body assure that they meet the criteria and requirements described in the relevant standards. Moreover, thanks to the accreditation system, many technical barriers to trade are eliminated.
Trust among accreditation bodies is provided by organizations such as the International Accreditation Forum (IAF), the International Laborataur Accreditation Association (ILAC) and the European Accreditation Association (EA), established by accreditation bodies. In our country, Turkish Standards Institute (TSE) is an accreditation institution that is a member of these institutions.
our organization TÜRCERT Technical Control and Certification Inc.conducts all conformity assessment and certification studies on the basis of the authorization obtained from the relevant accreditation bodies.